Senior DevOps Engineer at Cityblock Health
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
Cityblock Health is searching for someone who has a firm understanding of industry trends and approaches to delivery pipelines. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer you will be writing software, tests, checks and deployment mechanisms that assist in the software development life cycle. Additional responsibilities include maintaining and advancing the state of the art of our infrastructure in AWS and Google Cloud Platform, informing stakeholders of emerging technologies, assistance in architecting multiple solutions towards push stable code as quickly and safely as possible, participating in an on call rotation and assisting other engineers in resolving production related issues.
Please apply if you are:
- Passionate about solving complex problems
- Enthusiastic about creating an elegant and delightful user experience
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn
- A good listener who shows respect to your colleagues
- A leader by example who enjoys mentoring others
- Comfortable with uncertainty and turning complex problems into actionable plans
- Experience writing production-level software in a high level language such as: Python, Ruby, Rust, etc
- Experience successfully using infrastructure as code tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience building software designed to improve the developer workflows and velocity
- Detailed knowledge of containerization technologies such as: Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, DC/OS
- Experience implementing information security testing into delivery pipelines
- Experience leveraging, working with and architecting around continuous delivery tools such as: Jenkins, CircleCI, and TravisCI
- 4+ years experience as a senior level engineer
- You have built a continuous delivery pipeline that requires custom development
- You have worked with open source projects and comfortable committing code back to an upstream provider
- AWS Experience
- Hands on Kubernetes and Docker experience
- Hands on Heroku Experience
- Healthcare Experience/Interest
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We are very excited to hear from you.