COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Senior DevOps Lead
LOCATION: New York City/Remote
If you love using cutting edge technology to build client facing products, we are looking for you! As a Senior DevOps Lead, you will be working with our entire engineering leadership team to take our development operations to next level of evolution. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to make a direct impact on our clients, help us build a world class engineering team and grow a business that is already making a difference in alternative asset management technology space.
What You will Do:
- Develop, maintain, and execute strategy for monitoring system stability and security
- Streamline build and deployment pipeline by bringing industry leading tools and development standards
- Develop, oversee, and monitor technology KPIs
- Monitor, manage, and report infrastructure problems and get critical issues fixed and released in a timely manner
- Work with software engineers to resolve code issues in a timely manner and assist in compiling processes to automate testing
- Document all testing activity and devise efficient workflows for end-to-end incident management
- Report performance metrics to the engineering team as well as company leadership
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience with managing CI/CD pipeline, infrastructure automation, application and infrastructure security, and service and reliability engineering
- Familiarity with AWS technology, including but not limited to Route 53, ELB, API Gateway, VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ECS, EKS etc.
- Familiarity with logging, monitoring, alerting, data visualization tools such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, DataDog, PagerDuty etc.
- Strong project management and communication skills combined with strong attention to detail
- Experience with creating robust logical and physical architecture diagrams
- Ability to drive consensus among stakeholders, manage expectations and conflicts by taking data driven approach at problem solving
- Prior experience in test driven development with focus on unit tests, integration tests, automated regression tests, performance, and load tests
- Familiarity with Laravel, PHP, Cypress, & Selenium
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Exposure to application performance monitoring
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases
- Familiar with OOP, MVC, and commonly used design patterns
- Comfort with Linux and shell scripting
- Prior experience with supporting engineering team in a fast-paced product centric environment is plus
What You’ll Get:
- Access to benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and commuter benefits
- 20 days PTO, Unlimited Sick Days, + Gym & Wellness Reimbursement
- Option to be 100% remote
- One Floating Holiday Annually (Up to Employee Discretion)
What’s The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s) & Video Interview(s).
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving a desire to help people and a client-centric focus
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success
- Dedication to creating space for diverse backgrounds and perspectives to foster innovation & focus on intentional inclusivity
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction, and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.