Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Embedded Android Engineer. In this role you will be an integral part of a stellar engineering team responsible for building Latch's smart access control products. You will work within a highly cross-functional feature team, and collaborate closely with mobile, backend and hardware engineers.
You will be focussed on system firmware & software development for Latch devices, including board bring up, writing device drivers, working on user space services, and delivering high-quality, robust product firmware. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our expanding product family.
- Participate in design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of high quality firmware
- Deliver resilient and robust designs - Lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams
- Work with the electrical team for hardware bring up and verification of new designs
- Work closely with the software and mobile teams for definition and implementation of wireframes used by devices for wireless communications
- Write low level peripheral drivers needed for board and application bring up
- Perform power consumption analysis and optimize firmware for low power battery operation
- BS or above in EE/CS.
- 5+ years of experience in software development on Embedded Android AOSP /Embedded Linux based systems
- Experience in Linux kernel, device tree, Android/Linux device driver and HAL layers as well as Android Framework layers
- Knowledgeable in C/C++, Linux, SELinux and Object Oriented Design/Architecture
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies including Smartphone LTE architectures, wireless IoT- BLE/Internet connected devices, camera/video, and touch screen displays
- Experience working with device drivers for serial communication protocols such as SPI/I2C/RS-232/USB etc.
- Experience working and dubbuging BLE communications
- Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team
- Experience with Jenkins, git, repo and source control management
- Knowledge and experience working with Security, Cryptography a huge plus
- Deep knowledge of electrical concepts and comfortable reading hardware schematics and debugging hardware at a board level
- Familiarity/Experience working with network stacks and protocols TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT etc
- Prior experience with AWS, REST API’s and Android App development is a plus
- Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practices
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice