Senior Embedded Engineer at Peloton
Peloton System Engineering team is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Senior Embedded Engineer interested to be part of a global team working on the next generation Peloton platform based on Android. The ideal candidate would be a software generalist with a keen interest in investigating system level issues and working with multiple software domains to engineer elegant solutions. Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug and integrate existing solutions.
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time working with the Android BSP, Board Support Package. As a Senior Embedded Engineer, they will be expected to function as a lead on some projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns.
- The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Android and LINUX; BSP development; Android build system and Linux kernel driver development. They should also have experience in embedded C/C++, be comfortable with modern debugging tools and a passion for developing new products.
- Experience working the complete product SW development life cycle is highly desired.
- The person will have a working knowledge of Android-based systems, a very good understanding of ARM architecture and operating system concepts. Prior experience of working with video, audio, graphics or experience with Android HALs is an added advantage.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program.
- Coordinates software development activities with the software team leader.
- Identifies product requirements or performance issues. Works with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
- Our team spans multiple time zones and flexibility to accommodate is highly desirable.
- Experience with DSPs, Android application development, FreeRTOS, wireless technologies and edge machine learning is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of embedded software development.
- 5+ years of C/C++.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, and or Linux kernel.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.