Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an exceptional Senior Engineering Manager with IoT experience to lead a team of software and firmware engineers responsible for designing and building systems that span cloud, web, mobile, and embedded systems. You will shape the evolution of Latch’s IoT strategy to create experiences that delight customers. You will have the opportunity to work on projects such as enterprise device management, IoT protocol(s) evolution, distributed authentication systems, and mesh networking technologies.
- Lead architecture, development, quality and support of new and existing products that span cloud, mobile, web, and embedded systems
- Lead large technical projects including priorities, timelines, and deliverables
- Manage and grow a team of engineers to operate efficiently with exceptional quality
- Experiment with and recommend new IoT technologies to incorporate into current and future products
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in EE/CS
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in system design of edge and distributed systems
- 3+ years of experience managing teams preferred
- Excellent C programming skills
- Excellent grasp of CS fundamentals (Algorithms, Data structures, Design patterns)
- Strong understanding and hands on experience of RTOS concepts and fundamentals
- Knowledge of IoT communication technology stacks like BLE/Zigbee/Thread, MQTT, TLS/SSL and cryptographic standards is a plus
- Expert with IoT technology stacks that span cloud, mobile, and embedded systems
- Expert with production level firmware for power & memory constrained embedded products
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural team spanning multiple locations
- Strong interest in people management and mentorship
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice