Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
If you are an experienced leader who inspires teams with your technical vision, has a passion for coaching and directing managers and engineering leads to ensure they meet ambitious goals, and you have demonstrated success partnering with teams to build products that delight users, then this is the job for you.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Meetup, you will be part of the engineering leadership team and responsible for:
- Managing, coaching, and developing engineering managers and team leads.
- Empowering and supporting the engineering managers and team leads in mentoring and managing their own teams effectively towards results.
- Setting policies, goals, and budgets as an engaged member of the company leadership team.
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to create and communicate the vision, high-level roadmap, and technical strategy for the team, ensuring every engineer understands how their project contributes to our company’s goals.
- Ensuring your team is executing quickly, effectively, and healthily towards delivering results.
- Monitoring engineering execution and delivery across all teams, identifying risks and solutions, and driving improvements with engineers and managers.
- Leading strategy and vision for recruitment efforts for your department.
- Building a culture rewarding strategic failure as well as success.
You're our ideal teammate if you have:
- At least 5 years experience both managing engineers and leading an engineering team.
- General knowledge of AWS and associated managed services.
- Experience working on a consumer-facing website with thousands of users.
- Experience collaborating with product and engineering teams to build a high-level roadmap and vision for a team.
- A deep understanding of how cross-functional teams work at a software product company and experience managing such teams.
- Experience and a deep interest in leading initiatives for improving Meetup engineering culture, values, process, speed, quality, execution, and delivery.
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real-life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?