Senior Firmware Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an experienced Senior Firmware Engineer to join the team! As a technical expert and leader around technical and architecture design, you will solve our toughest challenges and build new features within the firmware and other Latch engineering teams. You will have broad responsibilities in the Firmware org, and be a key mentor to FW engineering managers and individual contributors. You will be a technical owner for projects and products that span across all embedded devices. You have a broad engineering background and are comfortable running projects outside your immediate area of expertise. Intellectual diversity, an open mind, and a willingness to mentor younger engineers are crucial in this role.
As our products and organization scale, you must balance both technical acumen and mentorship, with a willingness to get your hands dirty in technical design, code, and prototypes.
- Architectural review and planning
- Technical design work
- Project planning
- Requirements management
- Lead and influence multiple teams of engineers concurrently while partnering on broad development initiatives
- Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in EE/CS
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in system design, engineering, and architecture
- Excellent C programming skills
- Excellent grasp of computer science fundamentals (Algorithms, Data structures, Design patterns, Operating Systems, Microprocessor architectures)
- Hands on experience designing and writing quality embedded software running on bare metal, RTOS or Linux OS
- Device drivers and kernel experience is desirable
- A high level understanding of how modern day distributed systems work. Experience with AWS and associated services is a plus
- Excellent listener with the ability and desire to mentor team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience working in cross functional teams with multiple technical stakeholders across multiple products is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams and influence their technological direction
- Proven sense of ownership, dedication, and commitment
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural team spanning multiple locations
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice