Senior Firmware Test Automation Engineer at Latch
Latch is seeking a Senior Firmware Test Automation Engineer to work with the QA, Test Engineering & Support Engineering team. There will be an emphasis on roadmap development and implementation of test automation for Latch's Embedded Systems Software and Firmware.
You will work within highly cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware, mobile, backend and hardware engineers. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family through more advanced electronics.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create test scripts and suites to ensure product specification is being met
- Work closely with Firmware developers as they implement features to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure a high reliability and quality metrics
- Define and drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process
- Work closely with product and QA engineers to create and drive a roadmap for the qa and applications team
- Create and maintain automation test fixtures and set-ups needed to run automated testing
- Work closely with support and applications engineers to ensure seamless deployment and high product reliability metrics in the field
- BS or above in EE/CS or equivalent
- 8 plus years’ experience with QA/Automation/Test/Applications Engineering
- Strong desire for mentorship
- Experience building QA and Automation roadmaps
- Experience working with high volume consumer/industrial IoT devices
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on bare metal/RTOS
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on Linux/Android
- Strong knowledge of C and any one scripting language (python preferred)
- Experience with analyzing test data. Working knowledge of MongoDB/SQL preferred
- Experience with deploying a Jenkins, CI/CD test environment
- Working knowledge of developing code on a single-board computer such as Arduino/Raspberry Pi etc.
- Working knowledge of debugging equipment such as Meters, Oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers etc.
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.