Senior Infrastructure Engineer (New York, NY) at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups and ask how they can use Meetup to connect further with their fans and followers in real life. Meetup Pro answers these questions by making it easy for organizations to connect with communities in real life. We have signed up hundreds of customers (including Google, Salesforce, Wordpress, and MongoDB), and are adding more every day.
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the team in solving the problems these organizations face. Infrastructure engineers at Meetup are 'T-shaped' contributors that specialize in creating, deploying and operating infrastructure. Meetup senior engineers demonstrate an ability to complete projects, provide guidance for technical problems and lead by example for other engineers on the team.
What you get to do:
- Responsible for successful Corporate Technology Service delivery to Meetup internal team members globally. Services includes but not limited to Infrastructure, Project Management, Applications, Information Security as well as Technology Governance & Compliance.
- Manages the administrative, logistical and technology support for day-to-day corporate technology functions. Ultimate accountability for bottom line while maximizing return on investment.
- Plan and deliver integrated information services to enable Internal Meetup team members access to the information they need, when and where they need it.
- Meet or exceed internal team member’s requirements for technology service delivery.
- Leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline IT processes.
- Ensure the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources for all Meetup corporate services locations.
- Perform the system analysis and design to install complex systems with minimal disruption to existing services.
- Expected to be able to perform many highlevel operational and project duties required for enterprise-level IT operations.
- Responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of internal IT Systems in collaboration with other IT team members.
- Be “oncall”, responsible for responding to IT issues supporting critical business functions.
- Manage and monitor core IT systems and infrastructure. Install, configure, test, and maintain IT systems, software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of infrastructure to support day-to-day transactions.
- Liaise with vendors and IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Provide 3rd level support.
- Recommend, review, and implement new technology solutions.
- Be able to design, implement, and troubleshoot Enterprise class solutions.
- Maintain security baseline requirements for core IT systems.
- Advanced programming system automation through scripting.
- Be able to generate technical requirements for new services and/or for problem resolution.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Respond to server, storage, and IT systems outages.
- Communicating these outages to management and seek assistance to resolve the problems in a timely manner.
- Provides technical leadership & guidance to Corporate Technology support (i.e., service desk).
Who you are:
- Have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field plus two (2) years of experience in the job offered or closely related occupation. Will accept foreign equivalent degree. Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, experience, or training. Must possess expertise/knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education. Such expertise/knowledge cannot be "quantified" by "time."
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?
Terms of Employment: 40 hours/week. If offered employment, must have legal right to work in U.S. EOE. Mail Resumes: Meetup LLC – Eliza Meija, 520 Broadway 4th Floor New York, NY 10012. Please refer to Job Code: NY0519RC