Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Activity on Meetup is growing faster than ever and by studying it, we're learning how to help members discover the Meetups that are right for them -- sparking more new ways to make their worlds come alive greater than ever before. While our team is small, our impact is amplified by the breadth of problems we get to solve and engineer every day. We are a collaborative and dedicated team seeking machine learning engineers to join us in designing and building the future vision of Meetup.
You imagine a world more easily connected, where people come together in real life, meet, and do more of the things that contribute to their lives. You are inspired by the people you work with, sharing ideas and ways to connect multiple systems and tech together:
- Use machine learning to improve Meetup's recommendation and notification systems
- Develop your leadership skills while mentoring other specialists
- Design, build and own every aspect of our low-latency machine learning systems
You look to push yourself in how you think about applied machine learning, you are motivated by the challenges from engineering to machine learning, from deployment to production, and more. You're not interested in building within a silo, but democratic in team problem-solving. And what you've come to know after each day is a renewed excitement, knowing you've made a difference in a product that has the ability to transform people's lives every day.
- Collaborate with product and design to leverage data and algorithms to help people Meetup
- Implement machine learning algorithms in modern cloud (AWS, Google Cloud) and horizontally scalable environments (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Recruit and present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences and Meetups
Preferred qualifications (or if you have transferable experience we'd like to hear from you, too!):
- MS/Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
- 4+ years work/educational experience with recommendations, predictions, or NLP
- Develop code fluently in Scala, Java or Python
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks to robustly build, validate, test, and monitor statistical models
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) databases and RESTful APIs
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?