Senior Manager, Automation and Controls Systems at Peloton
The Senior Manager, Automation and Controls Systems will drive development and execution of Peloton’s Global Automation and Control Systems strategy. The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers in research, development, benchmarking, and creation of state-of-the-art Automation and Controls Systems, internally, in conjunction with OEMs, and integrators. They will also identify automation opportunities, develop business case, lead creation of SOR’s and specifications, identify strategic OEM partners, create/manage budgets, and oversee equipment FAT, SAT, launch and running changes.
- Lead a team of Peloton Automation and Controls engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; execute performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, and career development
- Lead development of Automation and Controls Systems strategy, road mapping, metrics and KPI’s
- Drive Automation and Controls Systems departmental goals of standard work, cost savings, sustainability, and flawless project execution
- Lead Automation and Controls Systems innovation and new technology discovery explorations
- Identify, qualify, develop strategic OEMs, integrators & partnerships ensuring expectation are clear, processes are robust, repeatable, and controlled
- Lead development of Peloton global automation and controls architecture strategy; define approved component list, identifying key vendors and building technical relationships
- Drive project timelines, budgets, and communication within a cross-functional organization
- Lead supplier benchmarking and scorecard activity to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- Domestic/international travel requirement: must be willing to travel 30% or more, as needed by the business.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years automation and control systems development experience in a hands-on environment
- 5+ years of experience in team leadership role; hiring, coaching, and mentoring
- History of success of building high-performing teams; Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Experience working with global OEM’s & vendors in NA, Europe, and Asia
- Subject matter expert in automation and control systems (PLC/HMI, vision systems, robotics, assembly, fastening, AGV/Conveyor, networking, 3-phase electrical systems, fluid power, etc.); Certifications: RIA, AIA, GCCS, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes and systems (Welding, CNC, Injection Molding, Painting/Coating, Laser cutting, etc.)
- Extensive experience in Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, equipment installs, startup, debug, ramp experience
- Experience with supplier identification, selection/qualification development, & RFI/RFQ, PO process
- Extensive experience with Capex development, proposal and approval: ROI, make-vs-buy, IRR, and payback analysis
- Expertise with manufacturing and enterprise systems: MES/QMS, ERP, MRP, PLM, SCADA, etc.
- Expertise in developing/managing automation and controls standards, specs, etc.
- Expert level CAD/CAM knowledge/user of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Knowledge of IoT, AI, AR, VR, predictive maintenance, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, IEC-60204, NFPA-79, Ergonomics, ANSI, ISO, etc.
- Experience managing large manufacturing capital projects ($5MM+)
- Use of Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet’s, SAP applications
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.