Senior Mechanical Engineer
Peloton mechanical engineers architect, design and test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management, and Operations team to concept, design and manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
- Lead engineering team of 2-3 junior/mid-level engineers through Phase Gate style Product
- Development Process
- Direct and approve mechanical design and prototyping work
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout Development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Create engineering specifications for fitness products and coordinate development work on mechanical subsystems
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with the drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
- 8+ years mechanical design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD and SW PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Proven project or program management experience
- Management experience of junior and staff team members
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.