Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform Organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world.
The Role: Senior Network Engineer
The Network Services Team is responsible for partnering with Gemini’s other engineering teams to ensure all our systems are architected, engineered and deployed to be resilient, reliable and performant. As a Network Engineer, you will be focused on designing, developing, and maintaining Gemini hybrid Network Infrastructure with the focus on Data Center and Office Networking. You will be working closely with peers within the Platform, Security, Development Teams, as well as business stakeholders.
- Building and supporting optimized hybrid network infrastructure
- Evaluating and implementing new technologies
- Be a Lead Engineer in architecting greenfield Gemini Datacenter projects.
- Utilize automation (Ansible) to deploy configuration and improve productivity/workflow
- Architect/Deploy proactive monitoring
- Continually driving improvements in network performance to support our platforms
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and application performance issues, find and improve performance bottlenecks
- On-premises physical work, including racking/cabling, etc., as required
- Occasional travel to support remote implementations will be required.
- Short and long term project work
- Participate in Team on-call rotation
- Mentor and cross training of fellow engineers
- 5-7 years of Networking Experience (financial, fast-pacing trading environments preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, with a focus on Ansible.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python
- Global routing and Datacenter expertise utilizing modern Cisco platforms/software/practices (Catalyst, Nexus, VXLAN)
- L2/3 Switching, Routing (OSPF, BGP), Multicast (IGMP, PIM)
- Working knowledge of Firewall, VPN implementations (CiscoASA/Fortinet/PaloAlto platforms)
- Performance analysis and troubleshooting. NMS knowledge, such as Riverbed, Corvil, Splunk
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience building/supporting WiFi environments
- Working experience with Cisco ISE;
- Experience with AWS integration
- Experience setting up co-location and working with co-location providers
- Industry Certifications (i.e. Cisco CCNP level)
- Packet forensics and deep packet analysis
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.