Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform team at Zocdoc! Embedded within our infrastructure org, you’ll contribute to the next generation of developer tooling and service deployment. You’ll work to support our Product Engineering teams to improve their development workflows and ensure that the features Zocdoc builds are functional, secure, and resilient, enabling millions of patients to get the care they need. As a Zocdoc’r, you may be working remotely, but that doesn’t mean you’re working alone - you’ll work with a supportive team of great humans who are funny, intellectually curious, and passionate about giving power back to the patient!
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- Excited about improving developers’ lives and their development workflows
- Motivated to learn new technologies, design patterns, and work in the cloud
- Pragmatic in your decision making day-to-day
- Autonomous, individually accountable, and comfortable working in a remote environment
- A believer that diverse and inclusive teams and cultures are a non-negotiable
Your day to day is…
- Shipping real code in languages like Scala, C#, Node or React to millions of users autonomously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization
- Automating what can be automated and breaking down the barriers of traditional software development to increase developer productivity
- Making meaningful contributions as you own and release features that will impact our large engineering org which in turn will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike
- Supporting our large product engineering org with their tooling, deployment, and cloud infrastructure needs
- Mentoring your peers and colleagues, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing yourself
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent engineering experience
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with all the acronyms (and numeronyms) - AWS, CI, CD, IaC, K8s, O11y, etc.
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, with experience working across multiple areas of the technology stack
- A passion for building platforms and understanding what makes a great platform - infrastructure as code, automation, libraries, APIs, and standardization
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- Experience successfully working with a distributed workforce preferred
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.