Senior Product Engineer, Innovation at CLEAR
CLEAR makes life easier and more secure by using biometrics – your fingerprints, eyes and face – to confirm that you are you, and keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 45+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you serve as the trusted advisor between product, technology, and CLEAR customers, driving technical discovery in emerging business verticals through pilots and architecture.
If you have a strong technical background, have a product focused mindset, and are engaged in building out product experiences, this may be the role for you! The ideal candidate thrives working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; willing to push hard to be innovative; and communicate clearly.
While this role works alongside the product, technology, and business development teams, it reports directly to the Head of Partner Innovation, based in New York City.
What You Will Do:
- Research evolving best patterns and practices of extending the CLEAR platform, through hardware, software and overall architecture
- Turn research ideas into technical plans for prototypes using external resources and coordinating with internal CLEAR engineering teams.
- Create models and samples for proposed design.
- Collect, analyze and document data from tests on prototypes.
- Measure and prioritize product document requirements that assists in efficient and flawless product changes through different business requirements.
- Coordinate product changes from product concept phase through final production.
- Research and develop cost savings projects to existing products or production techniques and processes.
- Subject matter expert on new trends, materials, design etc. in the assigned product area.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of core fullstack engineering experience with a drive for continuous learning; mobile and/or web experience is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of AWS environments and tooling
- 3-5 years in customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture or consulting role
- You have designed scalable APIs that have gone into production..
- System knowledge of both Windows and Linux environments
- Excellent communication skills, including experience with business and technical audiences