Senior Reliability Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer to act as an individual contributor and team lead to build and expand our reliability capabilities. This role will interact with several cross functional teams.
As a Reliability Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design infrastructure technologies. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will be responsible for the test validation of future technologies and have a fundamental understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of system engineering to influence design for reliability.
- Be responsible for the test validation of future technologies
- You will have a fundamental understanding of Reliability statistics/Reliability tests and/or solid understanding of system engineering to influence design for reliability
- Lead identifying and validating product/component risks and work with design teams to mitigate them
- Define test methodology and test coverage to assure product reliability
- Deep-dive in technologies aligned with product roadmap.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor engineers
- Perform Reliability prediction of failure mechanisms on products under development and products in the field
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or related field
- 7+ years in reliability engineering
- Experience with weatherization factors
- Experience with stress testing; fatigue testing, vibration and shock testing, electrical stress, environmental stress
- MSc/PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or Physics
- Experience with compliance and regulatory bodies
- Experience with Failure analysis techniques
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice