Senior Security Engineer at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
We are currently growing our information security team in order to protect and scale our enterprise. (We are now a Unicorn!)
About the Job:
This Security Engineer will report directly to the VP, IT, Security and Compliance and will be a driving force in setting the security and compliance roadmap for the organization. You will be responsible for hands-on design, engineer, configure and integrate system security solutions that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation to meet stated security control objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the head of security to understand goals and determine security and compliance requirements.
- Design and implement application and data security solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate with infrastructure and application development project teams to deliver solutions collaboratively, ensuring that corporate security policy, standards and industry best practices are met.
- Drive the selection, POC, implementation and operational deployment of new security technology solutions to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of business data
- Deploy and configure technology, partnering with IT Infrastructure teams and vendor product professional service partners
- Maintain and improve existing security application tool set.
- Coordinate with IT Operations team for the production readiness of security infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments and applications
- Deliver and maintain security solutions and process (i.e. vulnerability management, privileged access management).
- Cyber incidents identification and activation of incident response procedures.
- Be an advocate for security and compliance best practices throughout the organization.
- 5+ years of experience providing technical leadership within the security domain, including managing delivery of complex projects, mentoring, acting as a role model for other engineers and evaluating complex tradeoffs and priorities.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or cybersecurity with 3+ years of programming experience with a compiled language like Java, C#, C++
- Professional certifications in information security management, such as a CISSP or CISM.
- Strong familiarity with information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, CIS, or ISO) and experience architecting solutions to meet compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDPR, CCPA).
- In-depth understanding of complex systems such that you can inspire confidence with product development teams and provide technical leadership and engineering practices for the security engineering teams working on building tools and platforms.
- Stay current with developing technologies, emerging threat landscape and predict the impact of changing technologies
- Train and embed security to groups of different disciplines with varying levels of experience
- Deep understanding of security in distributed systems at scale for an engineering organization of >100 developers
- Ability to formulate a clear and actionable plan and execute against it.
- Can successfully work in a fast paced, agile environment.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.