Senior Site Reliability Engineer
A Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Sr SRE) is responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of andros' infrastructure. A Sr SRE is also responsible for the technical direction and design choices supporting our infrastructure and development pipelines. The Sr SRE also works closely with multiple development teams enabling them to choose the best solutions and participating in the architecture and design of those solutions.
The outcomes we’re looking for:
- Contribute to the design, specifications and estimating of engineering projects
- Develop stable software that satisfies product requirements as well as meeting architectural specifications
- Provide constructive feedback on architectural designs and peer code reviews
- Improves and maintains the operability and efficiency of production systems as well as various build systems
- Supports and educates the development team on infrastructure and systems
Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Independent worker: Need to be able to communicate but also work independently
- Cross-team collaboration: Collaborate across teams including but not limited to Engineering, Operations, and Client Success
- Curiosity and drive: Demonstrate curiosity and a well-developed drive to find answers to questions that are currently being asked or haven’t yet been asked
- Excellent communicator: Comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
Organizational Competencies Required:
- Works hard and smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability and working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion and commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks and writes clearly and directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others’ contributions and support each other and drive everyone forward. #OneTeam
- 4+ years experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or other (O)RDBMS
- Self-directed, seek responsibility, and strive for excellence