Senior Software Engineer - Ad Tech
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
- Develop novel methods of behavioral targeting using a rich and unique location based data set
- Optimize and enhance our real time bidding (RTB) systems
- Build our in-house data management platform (DMP) capabilities and build tools to help cross-functional teams explore our data and glean insights for our clients and partners
- Integrate with additional DSPs to help expand our advertising reach and capabilities
- Maintain and improve our data pipelines using Hadoop, Scalding, Luigi, Spark, Mongo and more
- Partner with the Data Science team to investigate and implement advanced statistical models and machine learning pipelines
- Identify and implement performance improvements across all pipelines
- 5+ years of proven experience building software for fast growing web or mobile products
- 2+ years experience working as an engineer in the ad tech industry (DSP, DMP, SSP, Ad Exchange, etc).
- A deep understanding of how the programmatic advertising industry works, and the ability to explain it to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design
- Strong Java or other object-oriented programming experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in functional languages (we use Scala!)
- Experience working with Amazon ECS, Kinesis and other AWS products preferred
- Bonus points for experience with machine learning and big data pipelines using tools like Hive, Hadoop, Scalding, Luigi, Kafka
- Comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.