Senior Software Engineer - Crypto Custody at Paxos
Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
Paxos is a product-led organization, with almost half of the company dedicated to product, engineering, site reliability, and security. As we plan to roll out new products and functionality, 50% of our planned headcount growth will be in our Engineering Department, and we are growing the team in New York and London.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. Our current team is made up of 40+ engineers, with a range of experience in startups and technologies. Senior Software Engineers are responsible for building, implementing and scaling key features of Paxos’ products, and will influence technical decisions that impact our code-base. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the ability and opportunity to influence our product strategy by helping define the product features, refine system architecture, and spearhead best practices that enable a high quality product. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies to build our products. While the exact technology or framework an engineer uses depends on the product they support, our engineers work with:
- Java, Kotlin, Go
- React.js Typescript
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault
What You’ll Work On:
- Depending on your technical skills, you could work on our APIs, the crypto exchange, or our blockchain settlements products. We’re constantly rolling out new features and adapting our existing products to meet user news or address technical challenges
- Partner with product managers, security engineers, and our operations team to roll out secure and scalable products
- Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring and technical leadership, they make others better and raise the bar for all around them.
We look for Senior Software Engineers who:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Are technical experts in at least one domain like Distributed Systems, Cryptography, Databases, or AWS
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts including data structures, design best practices, run-time optimizations, and algorithmic complexity
- Can understand and articulate the architecture of an entire system, including the technical trade-offs between different design implementations
- Are eager to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team and are willing to mentor more junior members of the team
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the company
- Constantly seek to learn new technologies and better ways to solve engineering challenges
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in the Flatiron District with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $65MM Series B
Podcast with Paxos Founder
Paxos Blog: Building the Future of Finance
Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money
Paxos in the WSJ