Senior Software Engineer, Growth
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- and to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
Software engineers at Meetup do everything that's needed to get something live on our platform, from the interaction on the web to the APIs that power it. Senior engineers at Meetup demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems, mentor other engineers, build products that delight our members & organizers, and lead by example for other engineers on the team.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 7+ years' experience writing software.
- Are excited about learning new programming languages and using the right tools to deliver value to our users.
- Have experience in Agile/XP practices (TDD/Pairing/Continuous Integration) and interested in mentoring others on it.
- Are ready to take on full ownership of the development lifecycle by designing, building, and operating applications.
- Want to collaborate with product managers, designers and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions.
- Are driven by results at product, team, and individual levels.
Our teams use React/Redux, NodeJS, Java and Scala, and currently we build new endpoints as Lambdas on AWS. Knowledge of these technologies isn’t necessary as long as you are excited to learn.
Learn more about Meetup’s engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?