We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our Developer Experience team. We build the foundational developer tools relied on by hundreds of developers to build software at Peloton. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in unlocking developer productivity by building tools to allow engineers to discover information more easily, build code or infrastructure at the touch of a button, and manage mobile apps, web sites, backend services, and data pipelines with minimal toil. This is especially important as Peloton plans to scale out 100-fold over the next few years.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. We are responsible for Peloton's developer portal and tooling for source code management, continuous integration (CI), documentation as code (TechDocs), and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC). You will create the tooling and services that enable engineers to generate infrastructure-as-code--at the push of a button in our developer portal--or through check-in of a simple config file. Your work will unleash the productivity of hundreds of engineers, enabling thousands of infrastructure changes per day--all with GitOps-backed configuration management and out-of-the-box best practices for security, reliability, and scalability. You will work with the latest open source technology, making contributions of your own to open source projects, and presenting at industry conferences.What You'll Do
- Design extensible apis and scalable software architectures enabling developers to self-provision infrastructure and manage applications.
- Work with technologies like Golang, Python, Kubernetes, Terraform
- Work to unify infrastructure and reduce development lead times
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges during hypergrowth
- A passion for software architecture and motivation to stay current with the latest frameworks.
- Have strong coding/debugging abilities. You have GoLang, Java, Kotlin,or Python in your toolbelt
- Comfortable working with cloud services and infrastructure.
- Possess an agile mindset and embrace iterative design
- Are experienced with unit, regression, and performance test frameworks.
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, and other developers. You are intrigued by bringing the ideas of Martin Fowler and others to reality at-scale
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.