The Metrics and Messaging team is responsible for ensuring an interactive workout experience for someone taking a Peloton class. We build and scale systems that allow members to interact with each other (ie: via high fives) or view their progress (via metrics ingestion).RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, iterate and maintain existing and new microservices that empower innovative and interactive in-class workout experiences for our members
- Evolve existing system architectures powering these services to improve performance and reliability, support multi-region, active/active capabilities and scale our services to handle hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Certify system availability at scale by leveraging production monitoring/profiling/tracing best practices and load testing tools to discover and mitigate performance bottlenecks
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Passion for building scalable backend services that supports a rapid growing user base
- Strong track record of building and delivering robust software currently in use in production environments
- Strong understanding of fundamental software engineering principles, data structures and algorithms.
- Good understanding of concurrency and threading, operating system internals, and networking.
- Experience scaling large scale web applications. Good understanding of request processing, caching, queuing, data storage, partitioning, and replication. Demonstrated experience leveraging those understandings to solve scaling challenges.
- Proficient in at least one programming language, e.g., Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, C++, C.
- Self directed and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to drive a service from ideation (design doc proposal, rallying team support) to completion (implementation of system, unit/service/load testing and automation of deployment to production)
- Request Processing: Restful API endpoint design principles; Load balancing concepts; Communication and RPC protocols such as HTTP, TCP, gRPC. GraphQL experience is nice to have.
- Caching: Memcache, Redis
- Relational Database: Postgres, MySQL, or CockroachDB.
- NoSQL Database: Dynamodb, Elasticsearch
- Monitoring/Tracing/Profiling: Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Tracing tools such as Zipkin or Datadog APM
- Deploy platforms and tooling: Jenkins, Github Actions, Kubernetes
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once the offices are safe to re-open.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.