Senior Software Engineer - Platform at Peloton
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our Core API team. We build the foundation upon which hundreds of developers build the Peloton experience. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in designing, running, and maintaining our high traffic, mission-critical monolithic API application while striving for simplicity and high speed of development.
The team’s mission is to ensure the smooth functioning of our core API (written in Python). The team is often tasked with determining the root cause of low-level system issues related to performance, build and deploy failures, security, and more.
Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make an impact not just within your team but the engineering organization as a whole. You must be experienced and comfortable interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues, and drive them through cross-functional initiatives.
As the organization scales, we’ll also look to split the monolithic core API into a more distributed system, and being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to participate in the execution of this strategic project.What you’ll do
- Enhance and operate business-critical core API application with a focus on high availability, low latency, security and scalability.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Peloton in general.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Peloton.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team.
- We're using industry-standard, cloud-native tech, which means easily transferable skills.
- Well experienced (5+ years) in developing high-performance, highly scalable web application systems
- Have a DevOps mindset and are comfortable with CI/CD tools and containerized applications
- Enjoy triaging low-level system issues and have a knack of introducing automation where you see gaps
- A valued team player in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional agile team that inspires others.
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Hands on experience decomposing monoliths into microservices
- Hands-on experience implementing event driven architectures
- Experience with XP practices such as pair programming and Test Driven Development
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.