Peloton is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform engineering organization! On Platform's Test & Performance Engineering team, you’ll build the tooling and develop the strategies to ensure Peloton’s apps perform properly across the entire stack: firmware and IoT, streaming, web and mobile, and backend and data. You’ll build the tools in automation to ensure that our engineers can release the highest quality software to production, while being super productive. You will work with the best open source and SaaS libraries for test infrastructure, and build tools on your own (perhaps with the chance to open source our own creations).
Our team aims to improve the experience of Peloton's members by working across our entire engineering organization to make our software more performant and error-free from connected devices and mobile apps to backend and data systems. We want to transform the perception of what’s possible in terms of scale, breaking new records for the number of people working out together - across any brand or device.What You'll Do
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Peloton in general
- Coordinate complex engineering projects that span from planning to delivery
- Build the best infrastructure and tooling to uncover regressions and make it easy for engineers to understand how to fix them
- Be an evangelist for best testing and development practices using test envs and testing in production
- Plan and strategize how to improve software quality across our engineering ecosystem by working across teams
- Take advantage of innovation opportunities during regular hack days and hack projects
- You have at least 5 years of directly related professional experience
- You care about writing clean, thoroughly tested code
- You have experience with tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, and AWS Cloud Infrastructure. Blaze Meter, Gatling, and ArgoCD experience would be helpful too
- You like to keep up with current industry standards in your areas of expertise and share your findings with your teammates
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills, and know how to work across teams to get things done
- You have experience building infrastructure to automate test execution in a services world
- You know how to build extensible tools and libraries that other developers will depend on, and how to expose interfaces that make it easy for them to use
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.