Senior Software Engineer - User Platform at Peloton
*This position is eligible to have someone work from our offices in either the NYC, NY area or the Mountain View, CA area*
Peloton is looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our User Platform team. This team is responsible for orchestrating customer access across various applications such as Android, iOS, Web, and TV. As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will help design, build, and support tier-1, high-scale, low-latency, and fault-tolerant services.
We are a fast-paced and quickly growing team, where you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by this team. You will also have an opportunity to gain further expertise in subjects such as microservices, architecture security, authentication protocols, and more!What you’ll do
- Design and implement tier-1 microservices in Kotlin and/or Python.
- Work on tech design for various initiatives and projects as per business needs.
- Be involved in code reviews and architecture reviews for team members.
- Participate in Agile methodology and Scrum processes such as Sprint Planning, Backlog grooming, Daily Standups, and Retrospectives with the team.
- Provide on-call support for critical services on a rotational basis.
- Own features/functionality and deliver projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Communicate and work with multi-functional business partners.
- Ramp up on new domains and technologies.
- Must: At least 8+ years of directly related professional experience
- Multiple projects in your career where you have developed high-scale server-side code in Java, Python or a similar language
- Experience working with cloud providers (ours is AWS)
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration systems
- Strong working knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Significant experience with databases (SQL and no-SQL)
- Can speak to projects where you have built product/services end-to-end, from technical design, implementation, testing, delivery, to production support
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.