Narrativ is seeking talented and experienced software and data engineers to join its growing team and develop products and infrastructure for its growing business. We view engineering management as a people-oriented role that serves the skilled engineers on the team and seeks to develop their careers while delivering products for Narrativ and for its customers.
Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Commerce is a massively under-monetized revenue stream because it’s been falsely housed as “affiliate marketing” to date.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Curious about our tech stack? Read our tech tear sheet.The position
- Refine high-level designs produced by your team’s technical lead
- Write technical documents as needed to memorialize design and implementation decisions and rationales
- Implement software components, following Narrativ’s development processes
- Implement unit testing for your component
- Measure the performance of your component and improve as needed
- Pursue high quality in both construction and testing of software
- Collaborate with Product Management to measure product success
- A successful candidate will have several years of relevant experience in high-tech software development teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering -or-
- A bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline plus substantial software engineering experience
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.