WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our products rely on sophisticated real time and batch processing of massive amounts of data, and instrumenting that data to provide analytics, automated decision making, and an industry leading customer engagement tool. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: architecting new iterations of critical components on backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale, and driving new AI/ML powered features.
You’ll take on a variety of challenges around building and optimizing an ultrafast application for massive scale, which sends billions of messages based on billions of data points.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of server-side development experience
- Strong understanding of design, data structures and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills and will have worked in a team environment before
- Professional experience building software at scale
- Professional experience with one of: Ruby, Java, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, email infrastructure, columnar data stores, microservice architecture, distributed systems
- Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.