Calibrate’s mission is to change the way the world treats weight.
Calibrate is on a mission to change the way the world treats weight. We are the modern, medical approach to metabolic health. Calibrate members are paired with a doctor and a coach, who support them during their customized year-long program to lose 10% of their body weight and reset their metabolic system. We personalize treatment with medications and behavior coaching, using content and connected devices to help change the way members eat, exercise, sleep, and manage their emotional health.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join as our first software engineering hire. As an early member of the team, you are not just an engineer. You will have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company, work closely with the founding team and set the technical direction of the product.
The ideal candidate is as passionate about creating seamless customer experiences as they are about solving complex infrastructure problems with elegant solutions. You will plan, architect, build and own our highly scalable systems, and partner with the product team to bring customer touchpoints to life.
Who We Are:
- A passionate, people-minded and mission-driven group of product, technical and medical professionals from companies like One Medical, Oscar Health, Capsule and more.
- Solution-oriented and motivated by complex challenges that have a deep impact.
Products you will build and work on:
- Consumer facing application (mobile and web) to engage and change behaviors to improve weight health.
- AI telehealth communication platform (chat, video, phone) between patients and providers.
- Doctor and coaching internal platform that helps our team efficiently deliver the right care to the right members at the right time.
- Growth product and infrastructure to drive sales from initial ad campaigns through conversion.
- Robust internal framework that connects to external healthcare and non-healthcare data sources.
- As the first engineer on the team, take ownership of custom applications, set the technical direction for the company, and grow and manage the engineering organization.
- Partner with the Head of Product to design and build our first scalable, consumer and internal platforms to launch and grow a brand new healthcare company.
- Develop and scale the internal and externally facing product.
- This can either be a senior level individual contributor or have a management track, depending on your experience and interest!
- 5+ years of software engineering experience shipping production level code. Should be able to hit the ground running and be comfortable deploying a change in the first week.
- Experience with relational databases, like PostgreSQL
- Experience working on applications from scratch through multiple iterations, embedded with a product and design team
- Deep understanding of the "behind-the-scenes" of consumer facing web applications.
- Deep understanding of core modern web service concepts such as API design and data modelling.
- Driven to translate business problems and user requirements and into robust solutions alongside product and design.
- Collaborative and eager to work with product, and non-technical members of the team.
- Experience working with greenfield projects is a plus!
More About Calibrate
Calibrate launched this Summer with a $5.1mm seed round led by Forerunner Ventures, and launched with Redesign Health. Our founding team helped build Capsule, Oscar, One Medical, Galileo, Blink Health, and more.
Learn more about us in our own words here, in Forbes, Fast Company, and Business Insider here.
Calibrate recruits, employs, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law and as a matter of our company ethics.