Senior Staff Engineer, Services at Harry's
About the team
Harry’s Services Team builds and maintains a suite of solutions that can power eCommerce sites for multiple brands in multiple regions. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically and we choose the right solutions for the job.
About the role
As a Senior Staff Engineer you will lead development of core components of our multi-tenant, multi-region eCommerce platform. You will own delivery of complex systems using technologies including Scala, TypeScript, Streams, FAAS. You will mentor and grow a group of highly talented individuals. You will drive engineering best practices and raise the bar for quality.
What you will accomplish:
- You will lead the design of large components of our platform. Your solutions will be performant, reliable, secure, testable, maintainable, cost-effective, and well documented
- You will contribute code to new and on-going projects. You will identify edge cases and debug your own work and that of others.
- You will act as a role model and coach for the staff to improve their technical skills, leadership abilities, and business acumen
- You will represent the services team on major initiatives within engineering and across multiple business domains.
This should describe you:
- You solve problems and approach your work with solution-orientation. You take calculated risks, as measured by trying new things and improving existing processes and experiences
- You actively share knowledge and expertise with others, across the organization. You proactively iterate on things that can be improved, whether or not it was asked of you
- You set clear standards, and hold people accountable for meeting those standards through direct and compassionate feedback
- You are 100% reliable. Communicate actively (and empathetically) well in advance of missed deadlines or events.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manger, Services
- Working on the Services Team
- Working with Services Engineers, Product Management, Data Engineering, and Web Engineering
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.