Senior Systems Engineer, Windows at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support CLEAR’s continued growth. Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure, this role will focus on designing, configuring, implementing and supporting a large scale distributed mobile and embedded device infrastructure.
What You Will Do:
- Design, configure, and implement a toolset that simplifies provisioning and supporting fleets of geographically distributed mobile/embedded/kiosk devices.
- Design and implement endpoint devices with security and compliance requirements in mind such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), FedRAMP.
- Remote systems troubleshooting and debugging.
- Collaborate with hardware and product design teams to help design CLEAR’s future field devices and device management solution.
Who You Are:
- You love problem solving and thrive in environments of both high collaboration and strong autonomy
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and through written communications, including reports
- You have strong knowledge across the technology stack such as web protocols, multiple operating systems, hypervisors and distributed systems architecture.
- Proven experience working with customers/partners and field personal in solving IoT type issues and root cause failures.
- You are familiar with infrastructure as a code toolsets (Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault) and package management and distribution toolsets (apt, rpm, NuGet, Chocolatey)
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Experience in Security Engineering, Virtualization, and Automation
- Experience with set-up and connectivity to virtual/cloud-based environments. Experience with major cloud providers preferred (i.e., AWS, Azure).
- Ability to use various scripting tools and network protocol analyzers to diagnose field issues
- Working knowledge of IoT principles, principally in designing cloud-based, service-oriented solutions