About Clear Street:
The Clear Street Markets team adds liquidity and transparency to electronic markets across the globe. Our cross discipline team holds degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics. We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds. Our team finds inspiration everywhere, including academia and parallel industries, sparking our next great ideas.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will work closely with a team that designs and owns our production physical infrastructure. This team delivers a trading and research platform that enables our teams' workflows. They work from bare metal through to the cloud, tirelessly optimizing the latency, throughput, and stability of our Linux machines wherever they live.
- Work in a small collaborative team and manage the operations of our production and research infrastructure.
- Design, implement and manage our expanding data center footprint.
- Optimize performance and stability of Linux machines.
- Work with stakeholders to design and deploy solutions that help engineers and researchers across Clear Street Markets.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Linux and Cloud Systems administration coupled with a passion for performance.
- You are certified with RHCE, AWS, and GCP certificates.
- You have an advanced knowledge of RPM based Linux systems such as RHEL, CentOS, and Fedora.
- You are experienced with Bash/Shell scripting.
- You have a deep understanding of virtualization technologies like kvm, gemu, vmware, or RHEV.
- You have advanced experience managing public or private cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, or OSP.
- You are experienced with config management tooling including ansible, puppet, or salt.
- You have implemented best practices for monitoring tools like Zabbix and Nagios.
- You understand both physical and software defined networks.
- You enjoy working with bare-metal equipment and have no problem racking or patching.
- If you have hands on experience with software defined storage.
- If you have experience with containers and orchestration tools such as docker, kubernetes, or openshift.
- If you have worked with systems management tools like forman or RH Satellite.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.