Senior Unity Engineer at Peloton
You will be working on an experience that sits at the intersection of gaming and fitness - Peloton’s newest interactive workout experience called Lanebreak! Lanebreak is a rhythm-based game on Bike and Bike+ rooted in something core to Peloton’s DNA, music. To learn more - https://www.onepeloton.com/press/articles/peloton-lanebreak
This is a brand new space for Peloton, and we are still early on in our development journey. Through experimentation and testing, we’ll continue to add mechanics, tweak gameplay and hone in on visuals. We are looking for a game developer comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration while keeping focus on bringing a product to market.
You will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout the team. You should have a pragmatic approach to software development and optimize for the best member experience.
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Prototype, build, and maintain the next set of workout experiences.
- Partner with internal and external teams to execute on our vision.
- Understand when to be scrappy and when to build systems to last. Comfortable with both.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, test automation and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding standards.
- 7+ years of game development experience.
- 3+ years of Unity experience.
- Shipped games with both small and large teams
- Expert knowledge of the C# programming language
- Expert understanding of object-oriented, data-oriented or functional design principles.
- Experience building multiplayer experiences.
- Experience with the prototyping phase of game development.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Solid understanding of agile and lean principles.
- Solid experience with Git and CI.
- Experience building and releasing Android applications
- Previous experience developing backend api
- Active in the Unity open-source community
- Released your own indie game
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.