Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch's Site Reliability Engineering team is being built from the ground up. This team will cover all aspects of Latch’s SRE strategy and development including: reliability, scalability, operational tooling, automating workflows, architecture & design reviews, investigating system failures, & more. This DevOps engineering role for SRE will help build and run the future of Latch’s large-scale distributed system. We are firm believers of bringing in smart people who can define the roles for themselves, so come join us and start creating greatness.
- Design and implement infrastructure & systems that balance scalability, reliability, and performance with security and operational quality
- Lead migration efforts off legacy infrastructure
- Evangelize a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams to go from development to production with minimum effort
- Serve as subject matter expert in building, designing, and managing cloud-based infrastructure, with an emphasis on AWS
- Participate in on-call rotations and lead or conduct post-mortems of production failures, as needed
- Work closely with development teams, product, and customer service groups to identify, triage, and mitigate issues
- Stay current with technology trends and developments in the industry
- 5+ years of relevant experience with DevOps or SRE practices
- 4+ years hands-on experience with Cloud Infrastructure such as AWS and GCP
- Managing cloud infrastructure as code by leveraging provisioning and configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience coding with any of these languages; Python, Go, or Java
- Experience with container orchestration technologies; preferred experience in ECS and/or EKS
- Comfortable using common CI/CD tools such as TravisCI, Jenkins for application and infrastructure automation tasks
- Experience with monitoring/analytics tools such as Datadog, Sumo Logic, and PagerDuty
- Experience working closely with Security teams to drive compliance with SOC2, PCI, or similar certifications
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently, and work in a remote environment.
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice