Software Development Engineer II at Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
• Deliver high-quality, high-performance, scalable code for iOS.
• Ensure app stability and performance include monitoring key metrics
• Day-to-day support of project initiatives including participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
• Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
• Master and evangelize our agile product development process, incorporating consumer insights into product decision-making process.
• Assist in execution of the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening, and interviewing.
• Coach and mentor other software engineers.
• Participate in the quality assurance phase of the development cycle through automated testing.
• Assesses mobile landscape for emerging mobile trends with vendors such as Apple, Google, and Amazon.
• Assist in implementing effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
• Communicate status, roadblocks, and requirements to team management in order to proactively solve problems and drive solutions.
• Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
• Represent Discovery engineering and management in industry events.
• 6+ years in an engineering contributor role.
• 2+ years of Swift experience
• Knowledge of large-scale application architecture, design, implementation, and performance tuning
• You have experience shipping iOS applications, and you are up to date on the current state of the iOS development ecosystem.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud) is a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue