Software Development Engineer in Test, International Growth (Berlin, Germany)
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We're looking for an engineer to be part of the team that is driving international growth. This will include localization of our product to provide a real, local user experience, as well as driving growth strategies for search engine optimization and social media. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our new International team in Berlin, Germany at a very early stage and play a key role in developing Meetup across the world.
Software Developer Engineers in Test at Meetup do everything that's needed to ensure quality on our platform, from the user interactions to the APIs and back-end systems. Meetup engineers demonstrate an ability to complete projects, provide solutions for technical problems, and collaborate with other engineers and designers on the team.
What you get to do:
- Be an automation expert. Drive our automation engineering framework, tools, and approach
- Design, build, and maintain Meetup’s integrated automation framework using Selenium, Robot Framework, and other technologies
- Design and perform functional, regression, and stress tests to ensure our service works smoothly for all members
- Work across engineering teams to ensure new code launches smoothly
You may be a great fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building and managing an automated testing platform and writing and maintaining automated tests using these platforms
- Have experience building automation pipelines in the cloud using Docker and Kubernetes
- Have experience building and testing web and mobile applications
- Familiar with SQL, and working in a Linux environment
- Ready to take on full ownership of the software quality testing pyramid by designing, building, and operating a suite of automated tests
- Display a high level of craftsmanship about your work, the user experience, and the overall impact on the product
- Comfortable communicating with product managers, designers and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions
- Feel a strong sense of pride and ownership over your projects
- Driven by results at product, team, and individual levels
You would be working locally with your team in Berlin but remotely with Meetup HQ in NYC, so this would be a great fit for a candidate who is comfortable and effective working with others remotely, across different time zones, and in predominantly English.
Check out our engineering blog: http://making.meetup.com/
Meetup's work environment is relaxed and fun, even as we meet our deadlines and stay focused on quick, quality completion of projects. Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?