Software Engineer - Frontend (Web Platform) at Peloton
Peloton’s Web Platform team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Platform Architecture squad as we continue to improve the performance, scalability, and stability of www.onepeloton.com. We are looking for an experienced engineer who wants to improve their technical and leadership skills and have a significant impact on the future of Peloton’s web apps.
- Collaborate with other engineers to define and build the next iteration of Ecomm’s web platform.
- Advocate for best practices across the engineering org and contribute to improving our internal documentation.
- Write design docs proposing improvements to our monorepo and web apps, and participate in architecture meetings with engineers across the organization.
- Pair program, mentor, and learn from other engineers on your squad, team, and the rest of the Ecomm org.
- Gain experience working with tools and technologies like TypeScript, React, Redux, Styled Components, GraphQL, Next.js, and Contentful.
- Help us improve our team processes and shape our team culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teammates to accomplish shared goals.
- The technical skills to execute complex features in a large codebase and the experience to know how to test and release them.
- A strong interest in at least a couple of the following aspects of a web app: performance, CI/CD, observability, testing, and developer experience.
- An empathetic and inclusive mindset when it comes to both being a good teammate and making hard decisions for the future of our platform.
Web Platform is dedicated to treating our platform as a product and creating a first-class developer experience for our delivery teams. We build the tools and technologies needed to set our frontend teams and our business up for success, extracting and documenting best practices and patterns along the way.
The team consists of three squads:
- Platform Architecture: focuses on the foundations of our platform - performance, scalability, developer experience, etc. The squad is currently leading our migration to Next and establishing a forward-looking vision for our web platform, and we need your help!
- Content Delivery & Tooling: focuses on our content management strategy and building better internal tools for our teams.
- Design System: focuses on creating a cohesive and accessible design system and UI kit that can be used across Ecomm.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.