Software Engineer, Frontend
Harry’s is looking for a talented, experienced software engineer to join our team to focus on building and improving the harrys.com web application and associated systems. The Harry’s website serves millions of customers, so this is a great opportunity to do impactful work at a huge scale.
About the Team
The Engineering team at Harry’s is responsible for building the software to support all e-commerce activities: from building customer-facing, responsive interfaces to tools for managing fulfillment and order processing. In the last year, our team built features like Mystery Item and browser payments, launched new body wash and soap products, launched our first new brand Flamingo using the JAM stack, built out a Pride campaign, held a H’ackathon that produced some features like Quick Add, and did many more awesome things.
About the Role
We’re looking for a software engineer who can help us build a direct to consumer brand experience that customers continue to love. Will also help define and build internal tools for the engineering organization. In this role, you’ll become a key contributor in building features in and improving our applications. You’ll be working closely with product management and design teams to achieve business goals while driving engineering excellence and best practices in our engineering organization. Systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Works effectively autonomously and collaborates within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
- Emerging leader starting to demonstrate ability to lead small teams through the delivery of defined deliverables.
- Inspires team to share ideas and creatively solve problems. When working autonomously, uses the opportunity to create clear and complete examples (exemplars), frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality and practice.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention and eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards and rigor to that process.
- Build high-quality, high-value software, and be an advocate for front-end technologies across the engineering team.
This should describe you:
- You are a candidate or have a Bachelor’s in computer science, software engineering or similar (or have 2+ years of relevant work experience).
- Can demonstrate close working relationships with “back-end” engineers and understand how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack.
- Have a keen eye for design detail and have demonstrated they know how to build and maintain a healthy relationship with Product and Design teams.
- Hands-on experience with ES6 and Single Page Application Frameworks, React is a huge plus.
- Ideal candidate has experience working on NodeJS applications and TypeScript
- Someone who is excited about delivering high quality products.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of the Foundations engineering team.
- Working with the new brands / tools engineering team.
- Cross-functionally working with our infrastructure services backend engineers.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.