Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
We are looking for experienced senior software engineers who are passionate about building highly available and performant systems to successfully support our growing base of products.IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce platform while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers and product managers to build, integrate and evolve key components of the architecture that supports our core e-commerce functionality.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implement software components to facilitate integration with back-office systems and front-ends.
- Help to evolve our e-commerce platform by promoting engineering best practices.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming and leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card and payment related product operations.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Good understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Deep understanding of at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Have experience integrating and evolving backend systems.
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- Have experience integrating and deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience with microservices architecture and the backend-for-frontend pattern.
- Are able to take a project from scoping requirements through actual execution and delivery.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience with or knowledge of TDD, DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com