Software Engineer - Full Stack at Latch
Latch is seeking a seasoned Software Engineer with the ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering high quality code and architecture both on the frontend and backend. The Full Stack Engineer will interface with a variety of teams prototyping brand new products as well as maintaining and developing our user facing desktop and mobile applications. You will work in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are critical to success.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Prototyping potential future products
- Working on creating dynamic web UIs while simultaneously solving scalability problems and scaling complex business logic
- Utilization of back-end programming languages, specifically Java
- Working on both mobile and desktop applications
- Work with the product teams to understand end-user needs, formulate use cases, and then translate into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop seamless, user friendly end results
- Quality is a must, you care about the end product and the process of getting there
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in backend development with Java
- Experience in database integration
- Experience with client-side user interface frameworks: Angular 2+ is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.