Software Engineer I at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
We are looking for a Drupal Developer to work across our Marketing & Communications digital products. You'll have the opportunity to update, maintain, and build new functionalities for mskcc.org and sloankettering.edu. We are eager to find an individual to partner with product management and design teams to develop domain knowledge and apply it to systems development and support responsibilities.
- Build and extend contributed modules and themes.
- Install, test and deploy patches to the Drupal core and contrib modules.
- Capture requirements and build custom, clean, and scalable Drupal modules.
- Develop code that results in expected levels of output, can handle exceptions and errors, and is maintainable (i.e., subsequent programmers can understand and work with code developed).
- Write object-oriented code which follows Drupal's coding guidelines
- Produce front-end code that conforms to accessibility standards (WCAG AA).
- Write robust, detailed and thoughtful software tests (unit and integration).
- Participate in product requirement review and task sizing/estimation.
- Learn new technologies in support of product and partners deliverables.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability using Drupal 8, 9 or PHP for architecture, modules, development, and theming.
- Active user account on Drupal.org with an understanding of the Drupal and Open Source community.
- Solid experience with PHP and Symphony.
- Knowledge of development workflows using Composer, Drush, Git, and Jenkins.
- Experience building performant and scalable solutions.
- Understanding of coding security and protocols.
- Works well independently as well as part of a team and solid interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum (SAFe), and technologies like NodeJS, ReactJS, Docker, and Kubernetes is strongly preferred.
- Experience within cloud architecture (AWS) is encouraged.
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.