Software Engineer II, Backend at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for an intellectually curious, experienced Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of CLEAR's core systems to support our vertical teams in bringing to market exciting new biometrics-based products as well as enabling CLEAR to scale both our member population and utilization. As a Software Engineer at CLEAR, you will participate in the design, implementation, testing, and deployment of applications to build and enhance our platform. You will also continuously learn new technologies and software delivery methodologies and contribute to maintaining a high quality standard. A successful candidate will have an established background in shipping and support distributed systems in Java, experience working in an Agile environment, and possess strong technical and communication skills.
What You Will Do:
- Develop, enhance, and support Java distributed applications
- Follow and drive best practices for producing clean, well-tested code and documentation on a predictable and steady schedule
- Contribute to estimation and sprint planning within an agile framework and deliver value-added features into production on a steady cadence
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations within the team
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the observability, performance, and security of the application
- Have a strong sense of ownership and be accountable for results
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years developing Java applications, with exposure to Java 8+, and a strong understanding of JVM fundamentals
- You have worked on a team that shipped microservice applications, preferably in a cloud environment
- You are familiar with most of these technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, REST framework such as Dropwizard/Spring Boot
- You have experience, and are comfortable working in an agile environment
- You have a strong understanding of architectural design patterns, unit & integration testing tools, and software engineering best practices
- You are skilled at articulating technical concepts to a mixed audience of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are a team player that commits to and enables the success of your colleagues as well as your own
- Strong plus: you have some experience with front-end development such as web applications.