Software Engineer II at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
CLEAR is looking for collaborative engineers who have expertise in microservices. You'll help guide our efforts in building services for our backend API. Using our next-generation event-driven systems and infrastructure, you will work with the team to break out services relevant to our expanding business verticals and produce high quality, reliable software.
You are someone who thinks about simplicity, and works to provide solutions that reduce the complexity across services. You are team-focused and prioritize collective learning. You build collective ownership amongst the team by contributing to code reviews, designs, whiteboarding, and problem solving.
What You Will Do:
- Develop new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications with strong ownership of deliverables
- Partner closely with team leads to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering teams to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into the CLEAR ecosystems
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of core Java experience
- Excited to work on and grow knowledge of: Java, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Node.JS, Kafka, DropWizard, PostgreSQL
- Ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Experience with Agile methodologies is preferred
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive