Software Engineer II at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join the MSK Extract team within the Division of Health Informatics. The mission is to support leaderships, cancer care teams, and researchers by providing them with the data and insights they need for operations, measuring clinical performance, facilitating improvement of quality of care, analytics, and research.
We provide innovative solutions to standardize, quality control, govern, translate, and make information available and accessible in large scale.
Our team is looking for an experienced developer to provide support for the terminology services development.
- Support terminology application server development and test environment, including API
- Work with system administrators and vendors to provide essential terminology application server and application support for terminology ingestion and other terminology pipelines
- Develop pipelines to support terminology ingestion and synchronization with the sources
- Perform timely terminology updates from the sources, monitor and reconcile changes and errors
- Develop APIs to support terminology integration with other institutional systems
- Utilize various scripting technologies to develop data transformations and rules
- Test quality and performance of the semantic models, APIs, and pipelines
- 3+ years software development experience, skills in software engineering practices including version control using Git
- Experience with Java based applications and Python
- Experience using JS libraries such as jQuery, Bootstrap, and ReactJS
- Advanced knowledge of Apache HTTPD, Tomcat and NGINX.
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux OS, command line, and SSH
- Familiarity with XML and XML Schema
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.