CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We’re seeking a creative senior software engineer who enjoys building scalable and simple solutions to complex problems. In this role you will collaborate with our world-class healthcare and engineering teams focusing on product development, coaching through code review, and architecting systems that will help us scale through our growth. You will also support initiatives that enable integrations seamlessly with our partnered healthcare organizations. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing and cross-functional team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
While this role works alongside the product, technology, and business development teams, it reports directly to the Senior Engineer Manager, Healthcare based in New York City.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as a core member of our healthcare agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Write code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Perform ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts and deliver continuous improvement
- Work with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of delivering customer-facing applications using a modern web stack.
- Experience building microservices using Node with modern libraries like Typescript
- Experience with Amazon AWS services
- Previous experience with agile processes, inclusive of ability to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Experience mentoring and leading other engineers.
- Demonstrate strong software engineering fundamentals.