Software Engineer - iOS at Latch
Latch is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join our iOS team! You will be an integral part of the group that is responsible for the mission-critical Latch mobile applications. You will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware engineers, designers, and product managers. You will work on products and features that span software and hardware to create seamless user-experiences for building managers, residents, and service providers. We are constantly exploring ways to stretch the limits of mobile technologies using concepts such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), NFC, and CallKit.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Design and build mobile applications & features used by property managers, residents, and service providers in modern buildings
- Leverage the entire mobile platform and on board hardware to solve complex problems
- Ensure your mobile applications perform and scale in production
- Build reusable components with elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Work within cross-disciplinary groups to tackle complex use cases and interactions
- Provide a fun and collaborative work environment that fosters innovation
- Recruit and lead a team iOS Engineers
- Coach and develop team members in their careers
- BS (Required) / MS / PHD in Computer Science or related field
- At least 7 years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in Swift and the iOS SDK
- Strong understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, multi-threading, testing, security, and performance
- Deep curiosity to learn new technologies, explore new ideas, and passion to implement them
- Experience releasing and managing iOS apps in the Apple App Store
- Bonus: Experience developing software for devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy in both a Central and Peripheral role
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.