Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm offers services that empower consumers to advance their financial well-being. Our goal is to revolutionize the banking industry to be more accountable and accessible to consumers.
As a recent university grad, you’ll contribute meaningful work to our growing engineering team. Recent grads in the past have built a real-time high-throughput data processing pipeline that ties our infrastructure together, built out our proprietary financial platform that is central to our long term company mission, and built out our extensive automated testing framework.
You’ll be building out new features on a team that fits your skill-set and interests. We look for students that have a passion to change the consumer finance industry for the better.
Past New Grad Projects:
- Vijay works on developing and growing Affirm’s in-store product. Vijay’s first project was to design and implement text-to-apply support with store-specific SMS codes so that users can effortlessly apply for an Affirm loan in brick-and-mortar stores, and merchants can granularly view application rates and data on a store-by-store basis.
- Madeline has built batch data pipelines to enable greater resiliency and accuracy in Affirm’s loan origination processes with our loan origination bank. She has implemented a system to report all loan applications created with Affirm and sourced data from various data warehouses across the company.
- Kevin has been responsible for a major overhaul of our cryptography platform, which is used to encrypt sensitive customer data such as social security numbers and credit reports, as well as to perform other cryptographic operations. Additionally, he has designed and implemented a public key infrastructure for mutually authenticated and encrypted communication between backend services.
What We Look For
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training/fellowship/work experience
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly. Started by PayPal co-founder Max Levchin, Affirm gives consumers the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments. Unlike other credit options, Affirm offers transparent payment terms (no fees or compounding interest), and employs advanced technology to reach a broader consumer population.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
Read Full Job Description