Software Engineer, Nifty at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department : Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for Nifties - digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf and Lyle Owerko. Our collections usually sell out in minutes & immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” – we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, but we have our own tech stack and our own unique team culture.
Role: Senior Software Engineer
We need an engineer that is talented, very ambitious, passionate and dedicated to helping us achieve our mission. You’ll join an incredibly fast moving team that loves to ship & build quickly, and you’ll be working at the cutting edge of nifty technology - and nifties are the most amazing innovation in digital goods since they were first invented. Help us build the products that will introduce nifties to 1 billion people!
- Take ownership of our backend. Refactor and maintain our core systems to prepare them to scale to be significantly larger.
- Design and implement system architecture that builds on top of what we already have and enables the Nifty Gateway platform to adapt and grow.
- Understand our core business objectives, then ideate and implement new features that will help us achieve our goals
- Troubleshoot tricky technical issues by leveraging your deep understanding of and experience with Django, Python and Celery.
- Build tools that interact with the Ethereum blockchain, including wallets and smart contracts.
- 3-5+ years experience with Python (Django/Celery) apps at scale.
- A customer-focused and product-focused mindset, interested in using the right tool for the job even if it isn’t the newest, coolest tech.
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology, including the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts
- You are hyper concerned with how the products you build are experienced by your customers. You want to create things that billions of people use and will do what it takes to achieve that.
- Plus if you have an interest in art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles.
- Bonus points if you are as obsessed with nifties and digital collectibles as we are
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.