Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a talented Software Engineer to work on the test team to improve overall system efficiencies of developing products. Your focus will be to develop, maintain and execute testing initiatives to ensure the highest quality of product functionality before it reaches our customers’ hands. Testing will comprise of Hardware/Firmware/Software Integration, Functional, System, and Stress/Performance testing. The ideal candidate is excited to learn new things and willing to work through the details to get things done. Latch is a complex technology ecosystem so automation and creativity are critical.
- Define and drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process
- Design, execute, and maintain functional, integration, performance and end-to-end test tests involving hardware, firmware and software
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure high reliability and quality metrics
- Build tools, systems, and processes to strategically improve the reliability of all Latch products and services
- Work closely with product managers and developers to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Work closely with operations and customer success to ensure seamless deployments and high product reliability metrics in the field
- BS or above in CS or equivalent
- Proficiency in Python (or similar scripting language)
- 6 plus years of experience in QA/Automation/Test/Delivery Engineering
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Experience building QA and Automation roadmaps
- Experience testing at least one of the following: native mobile apps, modern web apps, cloud APIs, IoT devices
- Experience with CI/CD environments and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience managing engineers or strong desire to mentor
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice