Software Engineer - QA at Latch
Latch is seeking a talented Software Engineer to work on the test team to improve overall system efficiencies of developing products. Your focus will be to develop, maintain and execute testing initiatives to ensure the highest quality of product functionality before it reaches our customers’ hands. Testing will comprise of Hardware/Firmware/Software Integration, Functional, System, and Stress/Performance testing. The ideal candidate is excited to learn new things and willing to work through the details to get things done. Latch is a complex technology ecosystem so automation and creativity are critical.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Define and drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process
- Design, execute, and maintain functional, integration, performance and end-to-end test tests involving hardware, firmware and software
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure high reliability and quality metrics
- Build tools, systems, and processes to strategically improve the reliability of all Latch products and services
- Work closely with product managers and developers to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Work closely with operations and customer success to ensure seamless deployments and high product reliability metrics in the field
- BS or above in CS or equivalent
- Proficiency in Python (or similar scripting language)
- 6 plus years of experience in QA/Automation/Test/Delivery Engineering
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Experience building QA and Automation roadmaps
- Experience testing at least one of the following: native mobile apps, modern web apps, cloud APIs, IoT devices
- Experience with CI/CD environments and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience managing engineers or strong desire to mentor
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.